Bay HD-DVD Post

Yesterday, Bay blew off some steam about the Paramount's HD-DVD exclusive deal, declaring "No Transformers 2 for me". Well a good nights sleep and a little research with the folks at Paramount and he has changed his mind.

From his forum:
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:16 pm

Last night at dinner I was
having dinner with three blu-ray owners, they were pissed about no Transformers Blu-ray and I drank the kool aid hook line and sinker. So at 1:30 in the morning I posted - nothing good ever comes out of early am posts mind you - I over reacted. I heard where Paramount is coming from and the future of HD and players that will be close to the $200 mark which is the magic number. I like what I heard.

As a director, I'm all about people seeing films in the best quality possible, and I saw and heard firsthand people upset about a corporate decision.

So today I saw 300 on HD, it rocks!

So I think I might be back on to do Transformers 2!

Michael Bay
Actually this is the first I have read anywhere that HD-DVD stand alone players may be able to hit the $200 price point (XBox 360 add on not included) so its true, that will change the game dramatically as a drop like that will most likely seriousily boost sales if the Blu-Ray camp is unable to come close to it. Think Wii vs PS3 all over again. Thanks to Chuck for the heads-up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Music for download Try us on Wibiya!