Fox Feels Upstaged

Megan Fox, continuing her promotion of Jennifer's Body, talks about the pressure she feels to prove herself due to the Transformers franchise according to IOL Entertainment.
Actress Megan Fox launched another broadside at the 'Transformers' franchise, saying that it does not show off her acting skills enough.

The actress admits she feels “pressured” to prove herself because she feels upstaged by the special effects used in the franchise.

She said: "I have no idea about my future career. I just hope that I can still be working in 10 years. When you're in something as successful as 'Transformers', you can't use it as a sales piece for your ability as an actress because it's all about the special effects.

"So you do sort of feel pressure to try and prove yourself. I have no idea what I'm capable of. I'm sort of finding that out now and testing my boundaries. I'm blessed with the opportunities that people are giving me - ones that I don't maybe even deserve. But I'm not complaining."
I don't really disagree with her but it is something most actors know about going into blockbuster summer movies. The tradeoff for the increased profile (which leads to more work) and long term pay (with residuals and the like) is the possibility of being type-cast or insulted about acting ability. Most have enough sense to not vocalize their resentment over the reality of a situation that they knew about fully before even agreeing to participate in such films. Thanks to Scorpio for the link.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Music for download Try us on Wibiya!