Shia Hated Revenge of the Fallen

In an interview in the new issue of FHM Magazine, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen admitted he was "confused" by the movie and "hated it." I just didn't enjoy it."
He said: "There are a lot of people that liked the second one, but I hated it. I just didn't enjoy it. "I thought we missed the mark. I got confused, I couldn't see what the f**k was going on, you know with certain robots... I couldn't decipher what was happening. There were storyline paths that I just wouldn't have gone down."

He added to FHM magazine: "I know that directors Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg are dedicated to making the best movie we possibly can, and we're not going to miss next time."

He said: "We were making our second movie in the middle of the writers' strike. We had no script. We had to work with nothing. We literally had like 40 pages. And everything was sort of made on the fly. But I think this time we will be more concise, and in a definite direction where we want to take it."
I really like the blunt and honest way Shia and Megan express their opinions. They don't sugar coat it. I really can't disagree with his blunt analysis. While I enjoyed many of the action beats, the film suffered in writing, plot and humor that can be attributed to the rushed writing process due to the writers’ strike. Normally a script gets multiple drafts with plenty of time to polish it but Revenge simply didn't have that kind of time. Transformers 3 will hopefully benefit from the nearly year long time frame in creating a solid script.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Music for download Try us on Wibiya!