Bay: "I will never have a Twitter account"

A recent twitter posted from MichaelBay_Dir account indicated that a new trailer is coming soon. Technically this is true as, while not officially confirmed, I don't see Paramount missing a chance to advertise one of their own movies with the re-launch of Star Trek when it premieres on May 7th at 7PM.

However, it turns out that account is not the real Michael Bay, as Bay recently emphatically posted.
I will never have a Twitter account

Twitter. Never. What a waste of time.

M
I believe the source of the confusion was the admin for the official Michael Bay website linked to it (see photo), thinking it was real (link since removed). It is an honest mistake as it can be difficult to sort out the real from the fake on Twitter. On the plus side, some fake accounts can be amusing reads such as The_Megan_Fox.

In this case, it is also an example on why having a real account might just be a good PR move since the fakes can cause problems. If I ran a PR company, part of the "package" would be to maintain a star's various social sites so that people can easily add the real over the fake. Not saying post as the star (transparency always a must), just provide a destination for fans so they don't follow the fake accounts.

At least you know my account is real so feel free follow me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Music for download Try us on Wibiya!