$25,000 Bounty Placed on the Twins

For reasons I don't really understand, it seems the suggestion that the Twins return for Transformers: Dark of the Moon in yesterday's movie review from Capone has kicked off a minor fire storm. Bay and co. have repeatedly said they are not in the movie. They were filmed for the movie but later cut from it. The one question the naysayers have not answered is how Michael Bay benefits by lying about this as I do not see the benefit. In the past Bay has lied but in general it has been an attempt to keep major plot points hidden. I don't entirely agree with the tactic but understand the motivation. In this case though there is no value to keep their appearance a secret. Those who read the spoilers (and probably regret it) know there are much bigger secrets to keep for the film. Since yesterday Capone (who has actually seen the film, important to know when the trolls come marching in) has clarified his review and Bay literally put money where his mouth is with a bounty.

From Capone:
Hey, everyone. Just to be 100 percent clear, I'm not referring about the "The Twins" here; they are most definitely not in this film. I'm talking about Wheelie (Tom Kenny, who also voiced Skids in REVENGE OF THE FALLEN) and other similar smaller robots, who act like streetwise teenagers.
From Michael Bay:
After the internet posting of a nice review by someone who saw Transformers Dark of the Moon, the writer had not been clear on one thing. He misstated that the Twins are in the film. They are not.

So I am offering a $25,000 REWARD to anyone who can find them performing in Transformers 3, on July 1, when the movie opens.

Michael
Shortly after he wrote:
The Twins are not in the movie. You will not find them anywhere. Trailer houses sometimes use shots that are not in the movie! End story I'm don't wasting my time this!
I hope this will put the "controversy" to rest but somehow I doubt it. So once again I simply ask "Don't feed the trolls." Thanks to John W. for the link.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Music for download Try us on Wibiya!