Tuesday Box Office Total: $27.4 million

First full day for Transformers was gigantic with a total of $27.4 million made in its first full day on 4,011 screens according to Variety. This brings its two day total to $36.2 million. By comparison, Ratatoutille made $7.9 and Die Hard 4 made $4.5 million yesterday. Also of notes is it appears that the viewers are 60% male and 40% female, a discrepancy that I assumed would be much larger.

This is why the US sales is what drives the Hollywood movie machine. Because us Americans drop big bucks in theatres. We nearly spent more on Transformers in one day then all 10 countries that currently have the movie did over the last 4 days combined. Not sure why though. Its been one of those head scratchers for me. My best guess is simply lack of screens, not necessarily lack of interest. In the US a movie can play on 4000 plus screens, while it appears in most countries the average is closer to a couple hundred.

On yesterday's post I said the movie would make $24 million for Tuesday so I was actually pretty darn close. Off by "only" $3.4 million. Industry estimates weekend long take will cross $125 million. I am sticking with the $118 number. So total for the 4th of July is $17 million.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Music for download Try us on Wibiya!