Bay Comments on TF Ride

Earlier this week Dreamworks and Universal announced plans to open a Transformers themed park ride for their Universal Studios parks. Michael Bay apparently is less then enthused by the idea based on his blog post.
The shooting in the Middle East is ground breaking - an awesome time had by all the crew.

The Transformer Ride at Universal making all the press rounds - not sure yet - they had me in a press release saying I supported it - but Universal has a long way to go in my mind. I don't support it - I'm not involved and not sure the story of the ride works, and I know Optimus is not going to just show up to be directed by some new people that have never worked with him. I hate when people bullshit a quote from me that I never said.

I'll keep you informed. Maybe the guy making the rides at Universal will direct Transformers 3????

Bay
Bay has a tendency towards snark so don't jump to conclusions about who is or is not directing Transformers 3. While I guarantee the studio is gung ho to do a third I doubt they are even considering the details of who will be helming it. Also, realistically a theme ride is very much an engineering exercise as it is creative. The skill sets required to create a ride that runs thousands of times a year safely for millions of tourists is a whole lot different then what is required to direct a movie. At most the movie director would have input on the project as far as design but probably not much else.

Thanks to Steven for the heads-up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Music for download Try us on Wibiya!