Bay: "You have so much of it wrong."

In a Shoot for the Edit thread regarding the phone survey post from this blog, Michael Bay posted a brief comment:
Guys please -- they don't have you surveys that read the plot of Transformers. Three people on the entire lot of Paramount read the script - and I can tell you they don't cold call people and ask them about the want to see of this movie. I love how you guys try to figure it out but it's not happening yet -- you have so much of it wrong.
Take from that what you want but I think the phone post is legit. Bay isn't apprised of everything the studio does much less the multitude of marketing departments from all the companies that do business with the studio on not just this but other movies such as the theatres themselves. At the end of the day the phone survey plot summary didn't so much as reveal new information as strenghten the arguments for many on what they thought the general plot of the movie is.

One the second part, I have to mostly agree with Bay. I do think all we have is a general idea of what the movie is about. However, on the many details that comprise a two hour movie I think we might have successfully worked out all of 20 minutes, if that, of the film. In a movie where anything can be changed with a creative click of the mouse over at ILM and Digital Domain, the only limitation is imagination and budget. I just hope that Bay gets that the guessing, discussions and speculation is a large part of the fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Music for download Try us on Wibiya!