Phone Survey Reveals Transformers 2 Plot?

Movie studios often like to poll people about their movies using focus groups, sneak peeks and the like so they can tweak their movies in an attempt to grab the largest audience possible. Apparently this can also use phone surveys where the questions can reveal hints about the movie they are calling about as "Compy" reports below regarding Transformers 2 which confirms many of our guesses on what the plot is about. As usual my comments are on parenthesis.
The plot of TF2:ROTF was told to me recently during a phone survey about upcoming movies.

First off, I love the blog. I usually just look at the photos since I would hate to stumble across spoilers. I hate spoilers. Unfortunately I was told the entire plot of the movie recently when I agreed to take part in a phone survey on upcoming movies. The survey was a week or so ago and I was also asked about the new Terminator movie, Night at the Museum 2 and another Ice Age movie. The survey person asked how likely I was to see these upcoming films, then they played an audio clip that outlined the plot, and then asked if my opinion changed. When they mentioned "TF2: ROTF" I stayed on the line. I wish I hadn't and I'm trying to block the memory.

Here's what I was told:
- Sam and his family attempt to return to a normal life (why parents visiting Paris)
- Sam is in college (see the filming around Princeton)
- Starscream returns to Cybertron to lead the Decepticons (read comic Reign of Starscream or plot summary here)
- He brings an army of Decepticons to Earth (ditto)
- They revive Megatron using a fragment of the All Spark (on going theory, fragment in film confirmed back in September)
- Megatron seeks revenge against Sam, his friends, and family (wouldn't you if they helped kill you?)
- Starscream and the other Decepticons seek to not only take over Earth, but the entire universe
- Optimus Prime assembles an Autobot army to battle to keep the universe free

So there you have it. The Fallen IS Megatron. The revenge is against Sam. Pretty basic.

Thanks,
Compy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Music for download Try us on Wibiya!