Furman: No Dinobots

The writers and director of Transformers already said it and now Simon Furman has told MTV the same thing - there will not be Dinobots in Transformers Revenge of the Fallen.

Simon Furman was a consultant on the first film and has been writing comics for Transformers in the US and UK for about 25 years. He is also the creator of "The Fallen" concept used in comics that may or may not be part of the movie.
“I think that possibility was raised briefly and fairly comprehensively shot down,” said Furman. “Much as I love the Dinobots, I’m glad.”

“The movie-verse feels quite different to me, with its own audience and far more rooted in the real world, and Dinobots wouldn’t necessarily be a great fit. Sure, if they could come up with an appropriate rationale and integral reason for them being in there, fine, but it’d need to be good, otherwise it would all start to verge on the kitsch,” said Furman.

“I think story and character often get submerged in the crash, bang wallop, but who can argue with a $700 million plus box office tally?” said Furman, “What [the film] does best, I think, is make movie Transformers distinct from classic or animated or comic Transformers. It’s very much it’s own entity, and that’s how it should be.”

“What I love is that a new generation of kids is being exposed to Transformers in the way that maybe rivals the original ’80s phenomenon,” said Furman.
Thanks to Chris for the link.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
Music for download Try us on Wibiya!